Thank you very much, and I appreciate you taking the time to go through my cover letter. I have made a small 'pitch' explaining why Gatsby should consider me for this role:
In case you can't go through the video, here are five reasons why Gatsby should hire me:
- Developer turned PM: I was a Full Stack Developer for four years before moving to full-time product management. Since I am the Head of Products at FusionCharts (which also makes developer products), I still write code to validate features.
- Evangelist of Headless CMS: For the last 4-5 years, I have been evangelizing headless CMS for many projects. One of my e-commerce startups was built in KeystoneJS, FusionCharts in Contentful and JAMStack (kind of), and this website in Ghost CMS.
- Product leadership: At FusionCharts, I worked with the CEO on product strategy, roadmap, and vision to move from a charting library to a BI library. To achieve this, I formalized a product team of four PMs and released two new products and took them to product-market-fit.
- Experience with distributed teams: Although ‘Remote is the new black,’ it is not easy. Things could go wrong, and you won’t even notice it. For the last 12 months, I have built remote teams that are also working across timezones.
Why I want to join Gatsby
- B2B SaaS == 🥰: I am a hardcore SaaS guy. I believe in building innovative and sustainable products focused on profitability. And making SaaS products is the best way I can do it.
- Believes in Gatsby: I know the challenges of Traditional CMS, which is why I have been an evangelist of headless CMS. But things could go wrong there as well. And Gatsby’s approach with content mesh is the best, I feel.
- Scope for growth: I feel if the company grows, I will grow. The Digital Experience market is $20 billion, and it is going through a paradigm shift. Many companies are moving away from the traditional CMS, this will help Gatsby grow exponentially, and it will help me grow as well.
- Remote first culture: I am a strong advocate of remote culture. If done right, you could be more productive, invest in your personal growth by reading, taking courses, or give time for hobbies. And not to mention, provide time for your family as well.
- (Way above) market salary: One of the biggest perks of working remotely from a developing country is: you get way above the market salary (Cha-Ching!)